The Wolfpack Bike Experience Calpe (Short bike week)
The autonomous region of Valencia has traditionally been the area for winter training for professional cyclists for more than 4 decades. The region has become the preferred location for both professional teams and individual riders: over the last couple of years almost all World Tour and Pro-Continental teams have been on one or more annual winter training camps in the region around Calpe. Calpe provides perfect weather conditions for winter training camps, and that's why so many teams are coming to this region.
The superb roads for cycling have also been discovered by a large number of cyclo-tourists from across Europe; over recent years this number has grown significantly and is still growing. The people in this area are great sports fans and have also organized many initiatives in the area of cycling: several stages of the Vuelta d’Espana departed or arrived in different cities in the area and the area also hosts a vast number of important (competitive) bike races.
For more than a decade now, Calpe – with its stunning Ifach rock – is where the Wolfpack prepare the new cycling season, our temporary home where riders, staff and suppliers convene to make up the roster for next year.
The training camp in December is an important step in the preparation for next season. Since November, riders gradually increased the duration of their training rides to 4/5 hours. The training camp is the point where the riders start to put in more workload.
YOU CAN BE PART OF THIS TRAINING CAMP!
Spend 4 days with the team, while being treated as one of the pros. Ride your proper program and be joined in your group on the road by one of the wolves. At Seminars held by experts, learn everything on training, nutrition, mechanics etc. Enjoy personal well-being and gastronomy in the 4* venue.
Be part of the Deceuninck – Quick-Step Pro Team in December and experience a cycling camp like a pro, with the pros.
- 3 nights stay in a 4* Hotel Suitopia**** in Calpe with Deceuninck - Quick-Step Team
- Full board
- High quality race bike Specialized fitted on rider’s personal measures
- Technical Assistance by professional mechanic
- Guided tours for different levels: Pro / Master / Fun
- DQT rider joining the groups for a ride (stage 1, 3 and 5)
- Daily briefing on program and tracks/tours
- Sports nutrition package and service
- Welcome pack (energy bars – energy gels)
- Water and isotonic drinks before start and on the ride
- Recovery drinks after each ride
- Seminar by experts on different cycling related topics: training, nutrition, bike maintenance, running a pro cycling team
- Race kit
- Wolfpack Bike Challenge
- Visit to Deceuninck – Quick-Step service course motor home and mechanic truck
- Spanish Wine & Vuelta 2020 - Wine tasting
- Basic medical insurance
Thu 12 Dec Arrival – Welcome - Bike Fitting - Briefing
Fri 13 Dec Ride 4 – Seminar IV – Briefing – Wine Tasting
Sat 14 Dec Ride 5 (with DQT rider) – Wolfpack Bike Challenge - Bike Return – Leaving drink
Sun 15 Dec Transfer to airport
08h45-10h00 Bike atelier open
10h00 Departure all groups
14h00-14h30 End of ride / Shower / Lunch
15h00-16h30 Bike atelier open
Flights & shuttle services
- The participant books his/her flights needed!
- Flights that arrive on Thursday December 12 between 8am and 5pm will enjoy the shuttle services by the team staff.
- Those returning with a flight on Sunday December 15 leaving the hotel between 5am and 5pm will enjoy a shuttle service by the team staff.
- For flights arriving outside these hours, transportation from the airport to the hotel need to be requested as an extra service.
Bikes all-in concept
High quality race bike Specialized • 10 E-bikes available • Fitted on rider’s personal measures
• Participants bring own pedals and helmet
• Technical assistance
• Guided tours for different levels
PRO: 110-115 km (1500 - 2000 altimeters)
MASTER: 90-100 km (1200 - 1700 altimeters)
FUN: 75km (1000 - 1500 altimeters)
• Daily briefing on program and tracks/tours
• Sports nutrition package and service
• Feeding zone on each track
• Welcome pack (5 energy bars – 5 energy gels)
• Water and isotonic drinks before start and on the road
• Recovery drink after each ride
• Laundry service for cycling gear
• Training (Heart Rate Monitor or Power Meter)
by Koen Pelgrim & Tom Steels
• Nutrition (On and Off the bike)
by Bakala Academy / 6D
• Bike maintenance (Daily / Periodic)
by the head of mechanics DQT
• Running a pro cycling team (Looking back / forward)
by the ‘patron’ himself
Topics can change depending on availability of the speakers.